Sunday, January 8, 2023

Dungeon: The Spiral Temple

A few years ago I was tasked with running a D&D 5e one shot for my niece and her friends, for a 16th birthday party. I whipped up an adventure using a map from Dyson's Dodecahedron blog, and rolled randomly to determine the contents of each room. Then, I personally tailored the monsters to ones that made an interesting narrative. This may be a dungeon that most adults would think is bland, but provided a lot of fun interaction for a group of teenagers who had no idea what to expect.

I decided to type up the dungeon and create a 2 page PDF which you can use to run it yourself, in any game system or campaign world you wish. It took roughly two hours for the party of seven! to get through it. By design, it features very little combat, and a lot more "what the heck is going on here?" Download the PDF at the link below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RPxlMbZHerSjLQlhy-uklOr3yrdKJIuO/view?usp=sharing

Alternatively, try to decipher my original notes from the paper I actually ran the adventure from.

Please check out Dyson's blog for all of your map needs and sorry for butchering this old one to put some numbers on it >_>


No comments:

Post a Comment